PR Thai Government Facebook feeds
Bangkok Post’s Top Stories
- The country registered 38 more Covid-19 fatalities and 4,488 new cases during the previous 24 hours, the Public Health Ministry announced on Saturday morning.
- The Oil Fuel Fund Office is asking the government to inject money into the fund from its central budget to increase its liquidity as it continues to subsidise the price of diesel, says office director Wisak Watanasap.
- The Department of Medical Sciences (DMSC) plans to test a freeze-dried version of a live attenuated smallpox vaccine that has been stored in Thailand for more than four decades, to see if it can effectively combat monkeypox.
- Thailand and Vietnam are looking into the possibility of working together to raise rice prices to increase their bargaining power in the global market, government spokesman Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana said.
- The army has blamed Wednesday’s attack on a marine police station in Narathiwat on people involved in smuggling, drugs and human trafficking who have been affected by serious crackdowns.
- The government has urged operators of nightlife outlets to follow precautions against Covid-19 strictly after they reopen for business next month.